Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thursday #1-Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Paint

The Holidays were just too tough to blog daily during...so, a week later I pick up where I left off! Thursday's are something I would LOVE to do someday...and things I am doing now. So here goes:



Probably the largest and top dream of mine at this point in time would be to someday sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. This is a VERY challenging dream, so we will see where it goes someday. I know that there is no possible way that I can do this at this season in my life, but nothing (dream-wise) would bring me greater joy than to sing with this talented group. If you are one of my friends that know little if anything about them...check out www.mormontabernaclechoir.org. So, in the meantime I continue to sing with my ward/congregational choir, and do my best to improve in the hopes that when a season in life comes when I could do this I am as prepared as possible to audition and go through that rigorous process.

Now as for the things I am doing now...I am painting...or getting ready to. My kids are little artists, and despite knowing the walls are not for art work...unless it is on a paper on the wall...they can't seem to help themselves, or even seem to want to. But I have had enough, so along with having a cabinet to lock up the art supplies, I am priming and then will be painting over their "art work". But not to worry got pictures first! I gotta have those for blackmail later down the road! I also have plans for a place that will be okay for them to "color" on the walls...the new playroom. I will tell you/or take pictures when we are ready for that step...but hopefully it will be done in the next two weeks or so. But we will save that for another week! You might just say that I am after a truly fresh start for the New Year. What is one of your New Year resolutions? Well, Happy New Year!!

No comments: