Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Power of 52

It always seems that we get to this point in the year, and start reflecting on what we have done over the past year that we can share with friends and family in newsletters or cards. I always seem to think...what have I REALLY gotten accomplished this year? What was this past year REALLY worth? Did I make the most of it? And of course, what do I want to get accomplished next year? Well, a month or two back I was thinking of challenges I might be able to host this next year and at the same time thinking of my poor neglected blog that I really should get back to and I decided to combine the two.

I have watched on a friend's blog (Jaime) how she did 52 blessings this year, and LOVED this idea. However being the overachiever, and making projects overly big, person I am...I couldn't settle on that alone. So, thanks to knowing how to schedule posts...I have decided to post every day for the next year...this doesn't mean blog everyday as I am definately going to take advantage of scheduling posts!!

Also, I have been accused in the past of being to chipper and cheesy...sometimes a bit rightly so...and I do want my children to have a record of the REALITY of my life. So, I am going to do my posts as "Opposition in All Things" posts. So here is what I think my run down will be at this point:

Sunday's-
Things that bring me peace or calm...and...Things that drive me crazy!
Monday's-
Moments I cherish...and...Moments that helped me grow (As I believe all challenges and trials in life help us to grow...even if we would rather not have faced them.)
Tuesday's-
Things that I need to do...and...Things I have accomplished.
Wednesday's-
Things that make me laugh...and Things that make me cry (not necessarily a sad cry, happy cries count here too.)
Thursday's-
Things I dream of doing SOMEDAY...and...Things I have done or am doing now.
Friday's-
Things I love creating...and...things I can declutter (another New Year's Resolution).
Saturday's-
Ways I am finding Joy in the Journey...and...Things I am going to find Joy in if it does me in!

I am determined that next Christmas I will be able to give each of my children a little book titled, "The Power of 52" as there are 52 weeks in a year. This is also why I am starting this early and not waiting for the new year. If you want to follow along...probably on a smaller scale, as I do realize I am insane...I would love to see it!

If you want to know how to schedule a post on a blogger blog...
1. Go to your blog and click on Customize, then Posting, and make sure you are on the Create sub-category...or go to where you normally do to make a post.
2. Look at the Publish Post button...now raise your eyes about 3/4 inch to the arrow with Post Options next to it, and click.
3. Enter a date and time in the right-hand side of the box that appears.
4. Type up your post and click publish...it won't show up until when you have it scheduled for. If you want to check to make sure it is there...click on the sub-category of Edit Posts and it should appear as scheduled in the list.

Hope this helps you! Stay tuned for post #1!

No comments: