Friday, September 5, 2008

Anniversary, and Training a Parakeet

Well, I had every intention of doing a post yesterday, and just didn't get that far. But it has now been nine fabulous years that Jim and I have been married! And I couldn't have married a more fabulous man! He makes me laugh...especially when I need to the most. He it patient and playful with our 4 children. He overlooks my shortcoming, and helps me to see more of the good in myself. He is a valiant, and wonderfully inquisitive, and easy-going man! I couldn't be happier or feel more privileged than I am to have him in my life!

Now, some of you are probably rolling your eyes at the mushy beginning to this email, but I felt like saying it and it is my blog...so skim if you must, but that is the truth!

So, for the next part of this post...so far so good with Green Thomas! We started "training" him this week. That means giving him opportunities to bond with us enough that in the not to distant future he will feel comfortable enough to let us hold him. Which would make cleaning his cage a LOT easier! Well, so far so good! Here are some pictures of him eating out of Neil's hand!! YAY!!

3 comments:

Jueneta said...

Congratulations you guys. It is fun that you are blogging more. Good luck with your busy life.

Suzann said...

I had two parakeets for a long time. They are fun, but very messy! Mine used to spit their seeds all over. So keep your vacuum handy! But overall a good pet to have. I bet the kids are having a fun time!

Jaimee said...

Congrats on nine years, you two! That's great! It's always so fun to see others wedding pictures--too cute! And how fun that you have a pet parakeet! We had 3 growing up and I loved them as pets. All I can say is, keep their wings trimmed so they can't fly away! Good luck. Hope all continues to go well!